TYPE OF AUTHORIZATION
This is an authorization that enables you to reside in Spain and to participate in an internship program by signing an internship agreement or internship contract in order to improve your knowledge, practice and experience in a professional environment.
Consequently, it can be applied for by foreign students who have obtained a higher education degree in the two years prior to the date of application or who are pursuing studies leading to a higher education degree.
The internships to be carried out may be non-labour (through an internship agreement) or labor (through an internship contract).
Written by Josep Conesa
Labor and bankruptcy lawyer
- Not be a citizen of a State of the European Union, the European Economic Area and Switzerland, or a family member of citizens of these countries, to whom the Union citizen regime applies.
- Lack a criminal record in their previous countries of residence during the last five years for crimes provided for in Spanish law and not appear as objectionable in the territorial space of the countries with which Spain has signed an agreement in this regard.
- In your case, be regularly in Spanish territory.
- Having obtained a higher education degree, including university education, advanced artistic education, advanced professional training, advanced professional plastic arts and design education, and advanced sports education, in the two years prior to the date of the application or be carrying out studies that lead to obtaining a higher education degree, and must be the holder of a stay authorization for studies, if they are carried out in Spain
- The internships must be carried out in the same academic field and at the same level of qualification as the higher education degree or study program referred to.
- Carry out the internship within a program supported by an internship contract or internship agreement.
- Having been admitted or hired by a public or private entity, based on the aforementioned agreement or contract that includes theoretical and practical training
- If there is no internship contract, have public or private health insurance arranged with an insurance Entity authorized to operate in Spain.
- If there is no internship contract, have sufficient financial means to cover the costs of stay and return to your country and, where appropriate, those of your relatives, according to the following amounts:
- For its maintenance, monthly, 100% of the IPREM, unless it is duly accredited that the accommodation has been paid in advance, in which case it will be 50% of the IPREM, for the entire duration of the residence.
- For the support of their relatives, monthly, 75% of the IPREM for the first relative and 50% of the IPREM for each of the remaining people, unless it is duly accredited that the accommodation has been paid in advance for as long as there is to be last residence.
- Not suffer from any of the diseases that can have serious public health repercussions, in accordance with the provisions of the 2005 International Health Regulations.
- Application form in official model (EX04, duly completed and signed by the host entity).
- Copy of the valid passport or travel document, recognized as valid in Spain, with a minimum validity of the period for which residence is requested. The original document will be shown at the time of submitting the application.
- Documentation accrediting having obtained a higher education degree in the previous two years or being, at the time of the application, studying in a third country, or in Spain as the holder of a residence permit for studies, leading to obtaining of a higher education degree.
If the stay authorization for studies of which you are the holder is for less than six months:
- Medical certificate
- If you are of legal age, a criminal record certificate issued by the authorities of the country of origin or the country in which you have resided for the last five years.
- Documentation that identifies the host entity
- Copy of the NIF and the deed of incorporation duly registered in the corresponding Registry.
- Public document that proves that the person signing the authorization request is the legal representative.
- Copy of the NIF or NIE of the signer of the application or consent to verify the identity data through the Identity and Residence Data Verification System.
- Documentation accrediting by the host entity that it is up to date with tax and Social Security obligations, unless it does not oppose the consultation of said data ex officio.
- In the event that the internships are included in an internship agreement, said agreement must have at least the following content:
- A description of the internship program, including the educational objective or components of the internship.
- The duration of the practices.
- The conditions of the internship and its supervision
- Practice hours
- The legal relationship between the intern and the host entity
- In the event that the internships are included in an internship work contract: Original and copy of said contract, signed by both parties.
The employment contract must contain, at least, the same content indicated for the agreement, without prejudice to the other requirements demanded by labor legislation.
- Proof that the company has economic and material means for its business project, and to meet the obligations assumed in the contract with the worker, including the payment of salary.
- Documentation proving that you have health insurance if there is no internship contract
- Documentation proving that you have the necessary financial means for the requested period if there is no internship contract
- Copy of the valid passport or travel document, recognized as valid in Spain, with a minimum validity of the period for which residency is requested. The original document will be displayed at the time of submitting the application.
Important note: when documents from other countries are provided, they must be translated into Spanish or the co-official language of the territory where the application is submitted.
On the other hand, all non-community foreign public documents must be previously legalized by the Spanish Consular Office with jurisdiction in the country in which said document has been issued, except in the case in which said document has been apostilled by the competent Authority of the country. issuer according to the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961
For more information on the translation and legalization of documents, you can consult information sheet No. 98.
- Subject entitled to submit the residence permit application for internships: The host entity (it is the entity that hosts the intern, whatever its legal form, and with which the internship agreement or internship contract is signed). internship).
- Place of presentation: exclusively electronically, addressed to the Government Delegation or Subdelegation in the province in which you are going to reside if you are going to carry out internships defined in an agreement or where the internships are to be carried out in the case of internships defined by an internship contract. The presentation will be made exclusively electronically and addressed to the Delegation or Sub-delegation of the Government of the corresponding province through the Mercurio Initials Immigration platform.
- Resolution period: 30 days from the day following the filing date.
- Once this period has elapsed without the Administration having given an express response, it may be understood that the request has been accepted due to administrative silence.
- In case of residing outside of Spain, it will be necessary to obtain a visa, in accordance with the procedures of Law 14/2013.
- In the event that the residence permit for internships lasts more than six months, the foreigner must personally apply for the foreigner identity card within one month of entering Spain, or from the notification of the granting of the residence permit for internships if you are already in Spain as the holder of a residence permit for studies, at the Immigration Office or Police Station of the province where the authorization has been processed. To see where to go, the schedule and if you have to make an appointment, you can consult the following link
- The applicant will show his passport or travel document at the time of the fingerprint process and will provide:
- Foreigner card application, in official model (EX-17) available at the following link
- Proof of payment of the card fee.
- A recent color photograph, on a white background, passport size.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE AUTHORIZATION
- With a reception agreement, the duration of the residence permit will be six months or equal to the duration of the agreement, if this is shorter. It is possible to renew this residence authorization only once, and the total period (the initial one plus its extension) may not exceed one year.
- With an internship work contract, the duration of the authorization will be that provided for in the work contract in accordance with the labor legislation applicable at all times. It is possible to renew this authorization up to the maximum provided for in labor legislation, currently for one year.
- This authorization does not provide for family reunification. Family members who were already in Spain and who had obtained prior authorization as a family member may accompany the student.
- Does not authorize to work